Contact Handling Shared Service
This shared service framework enables local authorities, social housing providers and government agencies to improve customer service through the efficient and cost-effective management of inbound calls and enquiries from members of the public. Every day the service manages thousands of enquiries relating to social services, social welfare, housing, nuisance behavior and public safety issues. Contact Handling Shared Services (CHSS) is a new iteration of the PAN London framework agreement.
Since 2008, we have worked in partnership with Ealing Borough Council and participating organisations to develop an agile customer-centric service delivering for the rate payer and all associated stakeholders.
CHSS Framework At-a-Glance:
- Effective until 2018
- Includes both out-of-hours and optional day time contact handling
- Accessible by organisations in London, South East England and by the Association of Greater Manchester Authorities
- Free set up and implementation of standard processes
- Service delivered on a Microsoft® Dynamics platform
- Proven shared service, delivering enhanced customer service and efficiencies
- Proven to have saved participating organisations millions of pounds
- Avoidance of an expensive procurement exercise
- Agile service with the option for tailored services that fit specific requirements
- Opportunity to access and supply shared services with participating organisations
“Joining the Contact Handling Shared Service enabled us to save a million pounds over the four years of the first contract, and we are confident that this level of annual saving will continue through the current contract. Overall, we have reduced costs and improved service levels and enjoyed a good, responsive working arrangement with General Dynamics Information Technology."
Keith Paulin, Head of Customer Services, London Borough of Tower Hamlets
“We worked with other public sector organisations to develop the specification for this contract that will deliver the highest standard of service for customers as well as providing value for money.”
Cabinet Member for Finance and Performance, Councilor Yvonne Johnson, Ealing Council
“We have renewed our contract second time around which shows we are extremely pleased at what the newly drafted framework will help us to deliver in terms of quality and confidence for our service. General Dynamics Information Technology listens, learns and applies the learning."
Mina Mistry, Support and Service Development Officer, Haringey Council